About Yum China
Yum China Holdings, Inc. (the “ Company ” or “ Yum China ” ) (NYSE: YUMC) is China’s largest restaurant company with a purpose of making every life taste beautiful. From a single restaurant in 1987, the Company now operates over 9,200 restaurants in over 1,400 cities and towns spanning every province and autonomous region across mainland China.
Yum China became an independent publicly traded company on November 1, 2016. Following our separation from Yum! Brands, we now have the exclusive right to operate and sub-license the KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell brands in China, and we own the East Dawning, Little Sheep, Huang Ji Huang and COFFii & JOY concepts outright. We also acquired the controlling interest in the holding company of DAOJIA.com.cn in 2017.
Over the past three decades, we have become a leading restaurant business in China, not just in terms of our footprint, but also in brand awareness, social media and digital engagement, national supply chain management, product quality and innovation. Employees are the backbone of our business and our experienced management team continues to foster a culture that is based on energy, opportunity and fun.
We build strong consumer loyalty by developing menus that cater to local tastes in addition to offering global favorites like KFC's Original Recipe chicken. Each of our brands has proprietary menu items, many developed in China, as well as unique recipes and special seasonings to provide tasty and convenient food, all made with many high quality ingredients. With decades of accumulated consumer knowhow and loyalty in China, our brands are integrated into popular culture and consumers' daily lives.
We are dedicated to serving our customers’ evolving needs by enhancing in-store experience, improving mobile connectivity, introducing innovative new products, and constantly delivering value. We also remain focused on driving shareholder value by growing sales and profits across our portfolio of brands through increased brand relevance, new store development and enhanced unit economics. With a rapidly growing consumer class and increasing urbanization, Yum China is well positioned for long term growth.
Awards and Recognitions
- Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (2020 & 2019)
- Fast Company's Prestigious Annual List of the World's Most Innovative Companies and the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in China (2020)
- Rank #362 of Fortune 500 (2019)
- DJSI: Top 5 in Restaurant and Leisure Industry (2019)
- Top Employer in China by Top Employers Institute (2020 and 2019)
- Restaurant Chain Innovation Award by China Chain Store and Franchise Association for smart supply chain management (2019)
- Best Investor Event (Large cap) by IR Magazine for Investor Day (2019)
- 3 Gold Cannes Lions Award for KFC's "Pocket Store" (2019)
- The Global CSR AwardsTM Best Community Program for Pizza Hut Grow Local Initiative (2019)